Re: RARA-AVIS: What Are You Reading?

From: Stewart Wilson ( stewart@stewartwilson.com)
Date: 18 Sep 2007

Hi Kent,
 For what it's worth, I think the discussion lull is an annual event around labour day.

 I've been reading:

 - AMMUNITION -- Bruen. A little disappointing, especially since I thought PRIEST was one of the best in the Taylor series. Still I was glad to have it, waiting for my delayed flight out of NYC last weekend.

 - THE HOT SPOT -- Charles Williams. A great book. I've been trying to find THE DIAMOND BIKINI, but so far no luck -- I've spent much time looking, which is fun too. It's been a while since I had a book in mind that I couldn't at least get from my library -- the Toronto system doesn't have a copy.

 - THE BIG GOLD DREAM -- Himes, about halfway in, and so far it's excellent (no surprise). It's a Coffin Ed & Gravedigger Jones novel. I found it at Argosy books in NYC for $3, when I was looking for DIAMOND BIKINI.

Cheers,
--Stewart