Re: RARA-AVIS: What Are You Reading?

From: Don Lee ( donthepoet@yahoo.com)
Date: 18 Sep 2007

Hey Kent,

I just bought 1/2 a dozen of the Hard Case Crime books and have just this afternoon finished SONGS OF INNOCENCE by "Richard Aleas" aka Charles Ardai. It is excellent, a perfect suspense novel which pulls you along by the short hairs from page one, which sets you up and then, miraculously, gets it just right at the end. Though I read the sequel first, I can't wait now to read LITTLE GIRL LOST, his 1st HCC novel.

I don't want to say much else for fear of spoiling it. Cover by Glen Orbik, paperback originals artist extraordinaire. The whole HCC thing is retro in the best possible way, right down to having an insert in the middle book advertising...in the old days it was where they put a cigarette ad, but in this case it's an ad for the HCC book club, which I plan to join.

Onward now to one of the following (any suggestions which one to read first?):

FRIGHT by Cornell Woolrich TWO FOR THE MONEY by Max Allan Collins THE BIG CLOCK by Kenneth Fearing WEB OF MURDER by Harry Whittington or THE NEW YORK TRILOGY by Paul Auster

best, Don

____________________________________________________________________________________ Be a better Heartthrob. Get better relationship answers from someone who knows. Yahoo! Answers - Check it out. http://answers.yahoo.com/dir/?link=list&sid=396545433