RARA-AVIS: Re: Ossessione and La bete humaine

From: mburch5717@AOL.com
Date: 17 Sep 2007

Hey William,
  In the running for best French noir I'd recommend 'Les Diaboliques' by Henri Georges-Clouzot (although I'm not sure it's strictly noir). For that matter I'd also recommend Clouzot's 'Wages of Fear' which certainly has noir elements and is one of the most suspenseful and entertaining films ever made.
  I'm not sure where 'Ne Touchez Pas Au Grisby' fits in terms of genre's but at a minimum it's one of the great gangster movies of all time with Jean Gabin as the suavist criminal this side of James Mason.
  You've got a ton of fun viewing ahead of you!
  Cheers,
  Mike