RARA-AVIS: Re: Ossessione and La bete humaine

From: jacquesdebierue ( jacquesdebierue@yahoo.com)
Date: 16 Sep 2007

--- In rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com, William Ahearn <williamahearn@...> wrote:

> Hey,
>
> In my continuing research into pre-war noir films, I
> just saw Visconti's Ossessione and Jean Renoir's La
> bete humaine.

Fine, classic films, both. What specific research are you doing on pre-WWII film noir? There are excellent French sources covering the noir side of Carn鬠Renoir and other great French directors of the era. And Gabin could do both hardboiled and noir perfectly, like Cagney and Robinson on the other side of the Atlantic.

Best,

mrt