RARA-AVIS: Re: Bouchercon Noir Panel

From: Con Lehane ( con@conlehane.com)
Date: 13 Sep 2007

--- In rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com, "Brian Thornton" <tieresias@...> wrote:

 Dear Fellow Rare Birds-

 I've been tapped to moderate this year's Bouchercon Noir Panel up in Anchorage. Since I just received word from my pal Ken Bruen that he has to drop out of B'con this year (health reasons),

... the concept of "noir" fiction has been abused so badly that the definition itself is almost meaningless in the opinions of many.

Hey Brian,

Good luck with the panel ... after last year, as one of the abusers, I wouldn't want to touch the "what is noir" or what is "neo-noir" questions with a 10-foot pole. From now on, I call myself a neo-muddling along crime writer ... nonetheless I'm sorry I'll miss the panel, as I won't be at the Big B this year. I'm sure it will be great. Con Lehane