RARA-AVIS: Re: Gone, Baby, Gone -- Reuters rave review for the movie

From: caroli1975 ( karabair@gmail.com)
Date: 08 Sep 2007

--- In rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com, Jack Bludis <buildsnburns@...> wrote:

> Over on one of the milder mystery lists. Someone posted
> this url from Reuters:
>
> http://www.reuters.com/article/email/idUSN0625847920070906
>
> I took the time to look at the review, and it seems to back
> up what I saw in the trailer.

Very cool! I think the most interesting detail here is the mention that Patrick gets mocked for looking young, which makes me think they may be using the apparent mis-casting of Casey Affleck to good effect.
 Lehane's Patrick has kind of a faceless hero quality, and though he's supposed to be a young man in the text, doesn't particularly feel like one.

The one thing that worries me about the trailer is that it definitely comes across that Patrick is the solo detective, and Angie is the peripheral girlfriend. I really hope this is a marketing thing and that her role hasn't been chopped down.

-C