RARA-AVIS: Day Keene?

From: Mark D. Nevins ( nevins_mark@yahoo.com)
Date: 05 Sep 2007

Al writes: I'm a big Day Keene fan, too, though he was perhaps a better storyteller than he was a writer, and some of his books (of which there are many) are disappointing, though never anywhere near as bad as bad Brewer. But he wrote at least half a dozen I'd consider among the very best of the PBOs.

I have been picking up Day Keene PBs when I see them, but have not yet read any. Which half-dozen do you especially recommend?

I too would be interested in hearing recs on Gold Medal books.

Mark Nevins