RARA-AVIS: Live 365 - CrimeTime

From: Randy Krbechek ( randyk@psnw.com)
Date: 05 Sep 2007

List Members:

I listen to a lot of music (but no jazz, notwithstanding the recent discussion). And I have a Slim Devices Transporter, which uses my wireless network to stream radio stations from around the world. The hardware is great; the software support is mindblowing. Here's a link:

http://www.slimdevices.com/

So, while surfing the radio via my Slim, I found Live 365. And if you look under "Talk," then "Old Time Radio," you'll come across a series of stations playing radio dramas from the 30s to 50s. See this link:

http://www.live365.com/cgi-bin/directory.cgi?genre=old%20time%20radio

You can play this on your computer, using your existing hardware.

Lately, I've been listening regularly to the "CrimeTime" station, sometimes to "Radio Mystery Theater" (the 70s CBS series), and sometimes to "Old Time Thrillers."

I am not familiar with this radio world, so it's been an interesting experience for me. I expect some of the list-members will be knowledgeable about the writers and creators of the various different radio "crime" shows (recognizing that the word "crime" covers a lot of territory). If you have not found Live 365, you'll probably want to poke around a bit.

Best regards, Randy Krbechek Fresno, CA