Re: RARA-AVIS: Pelecanos on dogfighting in the New Republic

From: Michael Robison ( miker_zspider@yahoo.com)
Date: 04 Sep 2007

I wrote:

If I was to touch on Pelecanos's writing style in the piece, I'd say he takes an unconvincing leap in logic and lands right in his happy place.

Richard Moore wrote:
   I've read your last line several times and I recognize it is intended to incisive and/or funny but be damn if I can make sense of it. But I've been a beat behind everything today.

**************** Sorry for being obtuse, Richard. The idea that Pelecanos's half pit bull is gentle and cuddly and that this stands as evidence that savagery is against a dog's nature strikes me as grossly oversimplified. I don't buy that at all. That's what I was referring to as unconvincing logic. His anti-dogfighting stance is his happy place.

miker

____________________________________________________________________________________ Pinpoint customers who are looking for what you sell. http://searchmarketing.yahoo.com/