Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: RIP John Gardner

From: Kerry J. Schooley ( gsp.schoo@murderoutthere.com)
Date: 23 Aug 2007

At 05:31 PM 21/08/2007, you wrote:

>I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt by even
>responding to this, but a part of me still doesn't
>believe you really mean this to be a serious
>discussion.

I've been reading stories lately that are set among African refugees. Not sure that it applies to what I've read but it set me wondering about dark and sinister and even non-transcendent stories set in locals without benefit of the rule of law. Without the formality of a law to break, without the technicality of a crime, could such stories be considered noir? The question occurred to me again when the topic of the spy genre came up, with its extra-legal activities. I appreciate your response, though it doesn't quite satisfy my question. Meantime, I try not to take anything too seriously.

Thanks, Kerry

------------------------------------------------------ The evil men do lives after them http://www.murderoutthere.com