RARA-AVIS: JK Rowling and Mrs Rankin

From: DJ-Anonyme@webtv.net
Date: 20 Aug 2007

Today's Names & Faces column in the Washington Post had this quote from Ian Rankin: "My wife spotted her [JK Rowling] writing her Edinburgh criminal detective novel. . . . It is great that she has not abandoned writing or Edinburgh cafes."

Rowling: "I'll do exactly what I did with Harry -- I'll write what I really want to write."

So it seems the Spillane homage in hte last Harry Potter that someone here noted was a preview of things to come.

Mark