RARA-AVIS: Mysteries That Bloom in Spring

From: Gonzalo Baeza ( gbaeza@gmail.com)
Date: 01 Aug 2007

This is an interesting Time article from 1978 on new trends and names in mystery fiction. It's funny how parts of it read like they were written in 2007, especially the arguments about the critics' disdain for crime fiction (not that they were new in 1978, anyway).

I found the list of books and writers to watch pretty interesting and I wonder how it's held up in time. What does everyone think? Myself, I'd never heard of at least half the books on it.

http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,916097,00.html