Re: RE : RARA-AVIS: David Goodis and jazz influence

From: Ed Lynskey ( e_lynskey@yahoo.com)
Date: 22 Jul 2007

Yes, thanks for all of the good points you raise. From my reading, Goodis seems to be doing more with his use of jazz (and other music) than creating an ambience or a background mood. IMO, the jazz pieces he listens to heighten his sense of isolation and detachment. Anyway, I'm enjoying DARK PASSAGE. One scene midway is great, a device I don't remember reading before in a noir.

Ed

____________________________________________________________________________________ Choose the right car based on your needs. Check out Yahoo! Autos new Car Finder tool. http://autos.yahoo.com/carfinder/