Re: RARA-AVIS: Lack of PIs on TV

From: John Stickney ( stickney_jj@yahoo.com)
Date: 29 Jun 2007

Sorry, I did not note that in context the critic was talking about the big four Networks - ABC, NBC, CBS & Fox.

I would also note that the two USA programs - Monk & Psych - were passed on by the big four networks, though they have appeared on Network as summer replacements. Both shows feature characters who primarily act as police contractors and under police authority, though both have taken outside customers.

Can't talk to either the Dresden Files or The Dead Zone.

DJ-Anonyme@webtv.net wrote: Uh, what lack of PIs on TV?

 Monk, Psych, Dresden Files and Dead Zone all feature PIs (licensed or
 otherwise) who work with the cops to solve crimes. Burn Notice, about
 an ex-spy working as a PI, premiered last night. There's some new
 do-gooder vampire show next season that looks like a remake of Angel.
 The late, lamented Veronica Mars lasted three seasons. We've been
 discussing the upcoming Marlowe adaptation. Hardly a "lack."

 Mark

--------------------------------- Fussy? Opinionated? Impossible to please? Perfect. Join Yahoo!'s user panel and lay it on us.