RARA-AVIS: Re: Dogs of God

From: Duane Spurlock ( duane1spur@yahoo.com)
Date: 27 Jun 2007

"Michael Robison" miker_zspider@yahoo.com miker_zspider wrote:

<< Nathan Cain wrote:

And while I'm at it, let me recommend Dog of God by Pinckney Benedict.

*********** Damn betcha, Nathan. An excellent hardboiled noir. One of the best I've ever read. Great characters, great story, great symbolism, and a wonderfully brutal bare knuckle fight. An ominous exploration of the heart of darkness. I'd call it Southern Gothic but West Virginia might not qualify.

I think it counts, technically -- it's south of the Mason-Dixon line.
- Duane Spurlock www.pulprack.com

--------------------------------- Sucker-punch spam with award-winning protection.
 Try the free Yahoo! Mail Beta.