RARA-AVIS: Re: Frank Miller (was Trouble Is My Business & Total Chaos)

From: Charlie Williams ( cs_will@hotmail.com)
Date: 25 Jun 2007

--- In rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com, "caroli1975" <karabair@...> wrote:

> Hmm, I walked out of "Sin City," but on the other hand, Miller did the
> "Daredevil" Origin story that I'm quite fond of. If that's the Miller
> who shows up, he might do good things with Chandler. I can at least
> see the connection.

Why did you walk out? I didn't think it was great either but my problem was with the mixing up of three separate stories, which just destroyed the narrative drive. I thought that was a bad decision, but I suspect it was down to Rodrigues and not Miller (who was probably there to help bring the SIN CITY world to life... although I don't know this). The source comics themselves are just great. (Most would make brilliant 40- 60 minute films.)

Charlie

---------- charliewilliams.net