RARA-AVIS: Scorsese

From: Juri Nummelin ( juri.nummelin@pp.inet.fi)
Date: 21 Jun 2007

Adam H, after me:

>> Scorsese's
>> first student work, the name of which escapes me).>
> == Are you talking about The Big Shave? Guy shaves his face
> off?

Umm, no, that's not the one.. wait a second.. it's gotta be this:

http://akas.imdb.com/title/tt0058242/

It's quite hilarious, with a mobster reminiscing his youth and starting out in crime. Kinda like a stand-up act, with feverish editing. (Scorsese is truly an auteur, since his trademarks are there even in the very beginning. Though Imdb credits him with two earlier films, the earlier of which, VESUVIUS VI (1959), must be a home movie.)

Juri

PS. I forgot to mention about the Tarkovsky KILLERS that it depicts only the stuff in Hemingway's short story, there's no background to Swede's past life.

http://pulpetti.blogspot.com