Re: RARA-AVIS: Rawhead

From: Harry Hunsicker ( harryhunsicker@yahoo.com)
Date: 12 Jun 2007

Several years ago I read I LOVE MY SMITH AND WESSON, the second book in the
  Rawhead series.

  I loved it. Pretty much non-stop violence that seems, upon reflection, over the top but made perfect sense at the time. A compelling story, the details of which I have forgotten. Lots of great one-liners and humor throughout.

  You should have a good time with the first one.

  --Harry

   DJ-Anonyme@webtv.net wrote:
      .

 Today I picked up a book called Rawhead by David Bowker (there was a second Rawhead book there, too). Its subtitle, A Gothic Gangster Story, almost scared me off. The jacket copy describes a story of a writer who pisses off a gangster whose autobiography he's ghosting. The gangster hires a hitman, but it turns out he's an old school friend of the writer's and decides to protect him instead. Unfortunately, a psychotic hitman may not be the best friend to have. The excerpted reviews make it sound like twisted fun, but I could see it going either way.

Has anyone read this? Is it any good?