RARA-AVIS: Re: A picture is worth a thousand words

From: George Tuttle ( noirfiction@whoever.com)
Date: 12 Jun 2007

Speaking of pictures, sfgate.com has a nice photo of Arnold Hano in his offices at Lion Books -- see: http://www.sfgate.com/c/pictures/2006/09/17/lv_baseballbook01b_ho.jpg

People tend to forget about the contribution that Arnold made to noir. Though I believe whole heartedly that Jim Thompson was destine to write about Lou Ford, The Killer Inside Me was the pure of luck of the right author, the right publisher, and the right editor at the right time.

--- In rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com, "George Tuttle"
<noirfiction@...> wrote:

> Recently, Howard Whittington, Harry's son, e-mailed me, and I
got to
> ask him: Are there any photos of Harry and Day Keene or Harry and
Gil