Re: RARA-AVIS: The Dark Corner

From: Jacques Debierue ( matrxtech@yahoo.com)
Date: 07 Jun 2007

--- In rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com, Kevin Burton Smith <kvnsmith@...> wrote:

> On Jun 5, 2007, at 9:16 AM, david david wrote:
>

> > --- ninposamurai <ninposamurai@...> wrote:
> >
> >> Hey! Has anyone seen the movie,The Dark Corner?
>
> One of my favourites. It's not a classic, but it's a good solid
> little B film that gets the job done, full of great throwaway lines.

Not long ago I ran into a DVD (ultracheap, dubious provenance, but excellent quality) of this. It is a typical film of the era, with all the right elements and a production that does not feel cheap. They don't make them like that anymore, etc. With blockbuster mania in American film, we should discuss the films that aren't made. We're lucky there is a huge reservoir of old films like The Dark Corner. It keeps us in film.

Best,

MrT