Re: RARA-AVIS: The Dark Corner

From: david david ( davividavid@yahoo.com)
Date: 05 Jun 2007

--- ninposamurai < ninposamurai@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hey! Has anyone seen the movie,The Dark Corner?
> Thanks!
> Jeff

i saw it quite a few years ago & can remember thinking it was a pretty competent film but not nearly as good as Kiss Of Death, which Hathaway made the following year. Jay Dratler, who wrote the screenplay for The Dark Corner, wrote the novel Pitfall, which was made into a good little B noir picture directed by Andre De Toth. I have the novel Pitfall on the shelf but I've yet to read it. Anyone read this or anything by Dratler worth reading?

Speaking of noir films, I saw some cool rarities at the Palm Springs noir fest this past weekend, most prominently Fritz Lang's While The City Sleeps, and the very rare Port of Forty Thieves and The Price of Fear. It's nice to see these old films on a big screen in a big room with a curtain that opens and closes and a bar that serves you drinks you can bring into the theater.

____________________________________________________________________________________ Need Mail bonding? Go to the Yahoo! Mail Q&A for great tips from Yahoo! Answers users. http://answers.yahoo.com/dir/?link=list&sid=396546091