RARA-AVIS: Re: Coward/Criminal

From: mburch5717@AOL.com
Date: 04 Jun 2007

Hi Carrie,
  I was interested to read your note and particularly to see that you used the word comic. Since I'm an old geezer I've been confused about the distinction, if any, between what we used to call 'comic books' versus what today are called 'graphic novels.' It seems that graphic novels are longer than the old comic books and that some of the story lines seem a tad more sophisticated and/or somber than those of old. But I really don't see a huge difference between the two forms (if there is a difference).
  Can you - or any other avians for that matter - help clarify this for me.
  Thanks.
  Mike