Re: RARA-AVIS: David Markson

From: DJ-Anonyme@webtv.net
Date: 01 Jun 2007

Jeff,

I also enjoyed Markson's Fannin novels, was sorry there were just two. Markson did write another crime novel, though, Miss Doll Go Home, before going the literary path. When I asked about it some time ago, Bill Crider replied:

MISS DOLL, GO HOME is one of those multiple-viewpoint books, all first-person narration, but with different characters taking over in each section. The sections, as I recall, are often very short, like a page or so, which makes for lots of switching back and forth. It's set in Mexico, though I think most, if not all, the characters are from the U.S. I didn't like this one as much as the Fannin books, but you shouldn't pass it by if you see it in the Goodwill store.

Mark