Re: RARA-AVIS: Lemons Never Lie by Richard Stark

From: DJ-Anonyme@webtv.net
Date: 29 May 2007

Ed asked:

"Does this novel compare to Westlake's THE AX?"

Haven't read Lemons Never Lie, but The Ax has a very different tone from Blackbird, the one solo Grofield I have read. The Ax is a slow building noir where an unemployed middle manager sets out to eliminate the possible competition for any future job opportunities. Its power comes from just how reasonable it all seems. It may well be my favorite of Westlake's standalones.

Mark