Re: RARA-AVIS: Nameless Detective uncloaked?

From: DJ-Anonyme@webtv.net
Date: 15 May 2007

Ed asked:

"I'm about halfway through Bill Pronzini's Nameless Detective title, MOURNERS. His co-workers are referring to a "Bill" and it struck me
(duh) they referring to Nameless. Does anybody know which title he started becoming Bill?"

It was the first crossover novel (can't remember which was first, Twospot?). He explains in the intro that the nameless bit was fine while he was writing, since he could control the dialog, but a name was required when he became a character in his collaborator's chapters.

Mark