Re: RARA-AVIS: Canadian Noir

From: Sandra Ruttan ( sandra.ruttan@spinetinglermag.com)
Date: 16 Apr 2007

On 4/16/07 9:39 AM, "Kerry J. Schooley" < gsp.schoo@murderoutthere.com> wrote:

Regarding the availability of Canadian books in the US, the big titles and recognized authors get picked up by US publishers of course. For the rest, those published by smaller presses, I think distribution is often the problem.

----

Well, I can finally go public on the news that John McFetridge has been picked up by Harcourt for US mass market paperback release. The unfortunate news is that it means ECW is delaying the hardcover release of his second book (Everybody Knows This is Nowhere, which I¹ve already read ­ as fast-paced as the first filled with twists and turns and a healthy dose of sleazy characters) to coincide with the paperback release of Dirty Sweet, but it is great news for John, and perhaps means there¹s hope yet for more gritty Canadian crime fiction.
Cheers, Sandra