Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: NY Times article on Altman's Long Goodbye

From: Brian Thornton ( tieresias@worldnet.att.net)
Date: 15 Apr 2007

You're right, Mr. T.- this was opinion, as is all artistic criticism. That said, the best artistic criticism (as does the best punditry, etc.), recognizes the "other side" of questions of taste, especially in light of the long dialogue that has taken place regarding the relative merits (or lack thereof) of the canon of Robert Altman.

And I'm not talking about making a strawman out of the other side of the equation only to demolish it.

Brian