Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: NY Times article on Altman's Long Goodbye

From: Brian Thornton ( tieresias@worldnet.att.net)
Date: 15 Apr 2007

Dave Zeltserman wrote:

> That's not the point at all. The article makes what I consider a
> coherent and valid argument that movie was made very much in the
> spirit of the book, and this was both an argument and background
> information about what Chandler was going through when he wrote The
> Long Goodbye that was not discussed previously. My suggestion,
> regardless of your thoughts on the movie, read the article. I have no
> intention of repeating all the rhetoric from before, but I personally
> found the article interesting, and definitely provided a different
> spin on things.

Dave-

With all due respect, I went and read it. VERY well-written, and absolutely one-sided. It does not discuss the point of view that Altman produced a turkey in anything but a passing manner, and is very forgiving of Altman.

Great quotes of Chandler, agree on that. Would love to see the context of them.

All the Best-

Brian