RARA-AVIS: Re: Canadian Noir

From: jordan_mcpeek ( jordan_mcpeek@yahoo.com)
Date: 13 Apr 2007

--- In rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com, "Willow Arune" <pangarun@...> wrote:

> How do you have a mystery in rural Saskatchewan,

The little city of Moose Jaw, SK, is begging for a hardboiled hero. I mean, really, with a name like that, it just sounds like a few long- lost Mike Hammer relatives have got to be kicking around. Besides the name, they've got Al Capone's tunnels connecting half the downtown buildings, and all the bootlegging stories to go with them. Throw in the even earlier history of fortunes made on the backs of illegal Chinese immigrants who were kept tucked away in the same tunnels, and the fact they were only rediscovered in the '80s when a truck fell through a street - tell me this ain't fodder for some fictional secrets and nasty goings-on.

Jordan in Winnipeg