Re: RARA-AVIS: Grindhouse, anybody?

From: Brian Thornton ( tieresias@worldnet.att.net)
Date: 08 Apr 2007

Mary Reagan wrote:

"Army of Darkness is a great movie. But then you can't beat a good Bruce Campbell b-movie."

Mary-

So you won't take it as some sort of cheap come on if I say to you, "Gimme some sugar, baby"? So few people get that reference! I for one think that Bruce Campbell is one of the great unrecognized actors of the past couple of decades. He was the only thing worth watching in that film adaptation of Lansdale's "Bubba Ho-Tep." And "The Adventures of Briscoe County, Jr." was one of the smartest and funniest shows on TV.

I'm hoping for a Shatner-like come-back for Bruce. With Sam Raimi getting increasing pull in Hollywood, you gotta like his chances. Plus, what's not to like about a guy who titled his memoirs "If Chins Could Kill: Confessions of a B-Movie Actor"?

I'm definitely a Bruce Campbell fan.

Brian