RARA-AVIS: Marlowe, the Man

From: e_lynskey ( e_lynskey@yahoo.com)
Date: 07 Apr 2007

I've been rereading THE BIG SLEEP, and what strikes me is we really find out nothing much about Marlowe the Man. That's been the knock on Lew Archer, that we never see who Archer is as a person. I'm more than halfway finished and I think Marlowe mentions returning to his apartment to grab a shower, and once drops into his office. I'll try to follow with FAREWELL, MY LOVELY.

I finished Patrick Quinlan's THE TAKEDOWN for review in Mystery Scene. It's a dark NYC noir.

Ed