Re: RARA-AVIS: The Talented Mr. Ripley

From: Nathan Cain ( IndieCrime@gmail.com)
Date: 06 Apr 2007

I don't see how someone who is a murderer is automatically insane. Prisons are full of entirely sane people. They may be maladjusted, but that doesn't equate to crazy by a long shot. Violence is a normal, if not socially acceptable, response to certain situations, and just because someone behaves in a way that is non-normative does not make them crazy. And people who habitually kill people, like Ripley, or Bulger or Siegel, aren't crazy. They're evil. There's a difference.