Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: The Talented Mr. Ripley

From: Patrick King ( abrasax93@yahoo.com)
Date: 06 Apr 2007

Jim, with all due respect: evil? What does that mean? Are foxes "evil" for stealing chichens? Ripley is not able to control himself when he becomes enraged. His first 3 murders are all rage killings. After a while he gets to enjoy murder. It's a challenge for him. You mention that insanity is a legal concept. Under the legal definition, the lawyer that Ripley can afford can certainly make an insanity argument for him if he ever gets caught, which, of course, he never will be now. I doubt that that's the tact that lawyer would take, however. He'd argue innocent and make the prosecution prove it's case which he would riddle with holes. The Ripleys in this world go right on their insane way. Few actually pay for any of there crimes until they run into people as crazy as they are. Note Bugsy Seigal.

Patrick King

____________________________________________________________________________________ The fish are biting. Get more visitors on your site using Yahoo! Search Marketing. http://searchmarketing.yahoo.com/arp/sponsoredsearch_v2.php