RARA-AVIS: Sports Noir

From: Channing ( filmtroll@sbcglobal.net)
Date: 13 Feb 2007

I'm currently enjoying Leonard Gardner's "Fat City" about the seedy boxing world in Stockton, CA. And I recently read and loved Gerald Kersh's "Night And the City" which had a good amount of seedy wrestling. Does anyone recommend any other sports noir books? Or if there even are any? There's nothing more low-down and gritty than a locker room, in a world where winning and losing is everything. Why aren't there more noir sports stories? There have been quite a few noirish boxing movies, but where are the books?

Chan