RARA-AVIS: Re: Private eyes without cars

From: B.J. West ( astrobeej@strafe.com)
Date: 30 Nov 2006

--- In rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com, "Juri Nummelin" <juri.nummelin@...> wrote:

> Has there ever been any fictional private eye who doesn't have a
> car to his/her own?
> Juri

Oddly enough, Nick Chambers, the detective in my "Fog City Nocturne" has no car. It largely serves to underline that he's not a very successful detective, and makes following a case a more difficult undertaking. (even his phone number is WAlker 3729) It's also just a fact of life that one can get around without a car in San Francisco, but there's definitely times when I'm sure he'd prefer to have one!

Beej