RARA-AVIS: Re: Solution to "The Colorado Kid," An appolgy to The Brad Stevens

From: thebradstevens ( bradstevens22@hotmail.com)
Date: 27 Nov 2006

--- In rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com, Bludis Jack <buildsnburns@...> wrote:
>> Yes, it did strike of the Batman solution, a series of
> coincidences.
>
> The truth is, though, Flitcraft of not, the solution had to
> be something like that, but a solution that no one except
> the victim himself could know but we all can speculate
> about.
>
> I was just being flippant because you thought of that one
> first. I don't think it is necessarily correct, but my
> solution was just as "coincidental." I'd bet that many who
> read the book came up with similar but unprovable
> solutions.
>
> If that is the exact one, only Stephen King and Charles
> Ardai know--Charles because he wrote the back-cover blurb.
> Stephen King, because he loves to play with his reader.
>
> Brad or whoever you are, I apologize.

No apology necessary. Much of my solution was just idle speculation. But I am absolutely convinced that my theory about the central character simply wanting to get as far away from Colorado (in any direction) as possible as quickly as possible (as opposed to deliberately setting out for Moose Look) is correct.

Of course, one might come up with quite a different theory if one assumes that THE COLORADO KID is somehow tied in with the dimension- hopping universe of King's THE DARK TOWER series (as so many of King's novels seem to be).

But where can I find your Batman solution?

Brad Stevens.