RARA-AVIS: Re:Stephen King's THE COLORADO KID - A solution to the mystery

From: BookBitch ( BookBitch@yahoo.com)
Date: 21 Nov 2006

I guess I didn't read the back cover, I didn't remember that. I just read The Maltese Falcon and I think you're probably right, that is the only thing that even comes close. On the other hand, the cover of The Colorado Kid has absolutely no bearing on the story within, so who knows?

And wasn't the point of the Flitcraft parable that people essentially don't change? Flitcraft takes off but basically ends up in the same place he was, albeit a different geographic location. He was even married to a woman much like his first wife.

I like your explanation of the time element too. If you don't care where you going, it's easy to get somewhere fast.

Stacy

PS: Thanks for the nice comments on my site!

    I am the BookBitch www.bookbitch.com
  Win a free copy of WILD FIRE by Nelson DeMille or lots of other great books!