RARA-AVIS: re: Back Alley Noir

From: Racerick75@aol.com
Date: 06 Nov 2006

Steve Eifert wrote:

<<I wanted to mention that my film noir message board is up and going strong. It's geared toward film (no kidding!) but we also have discussions about crime fiction. For example, there's a good thread right now about Private Detectives....>>

I read with interest Steve Eifert's post regarding his message board site, Back Alley Noir. Visited the site, and gave it the once-over. It seems nicely constructed and informative.
  I have owned and operated Barbadoes Hall Communications since 2000, and our mystery imprint, which specializes in hardboiled PI and noir stories, is called Back Alley Books. We are established as a DBA in the Union County Courthouse, North Carolina. Three of my books published through Back Alley have been nominated for the PWA Shamus Award, so it's a fairly well-known and well-regarded micropress imprint, at least within the field. We expect to publish two books by new (to us) authors over the next year. I would just like to note for the record that Back Alley Noir is not affiliated in any way with me, Back Alley Books, or Barbadoes Hall Communications.
  Beyond that, it looks like Steve has a nice website. R
  Richard Helms Three-Time Shamus Award Nominee http://richardhelms.net
"Cordite Wine is tough, funny, exciting, and very good!" -Robert B. Parker
________________________________________________________________________ Check out the new AOL. Most comprehensive set of free safety and security tools, free access to millions of high-quality videos from across the web, free AOL Mail and more.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)