RARA-AVIS: Crime Novels of the 30s and 40s

From: Michael Robison ( miker_zspider@yahoo.com)
Date: 11 Oct 2006

Karin Montin wrote:

I borrowed the first volume from the library and read all but the Woolrich. This is an excellent collection.

************* Hey! Let's not be talking bad about The Postman. Haha. Glad you got to read it, Karin. It was my first official entry into noir. With the exception of Cain's book, our likes and dislikes paralleled. I really liked Thieves Like Us. Anderson's prose seems transparent to the story. I liked that. It shines. I'll avoid drooling over Nightmare Alley this time. Have you seen the movie? It's great, with a little added twist at the end. The Big Clock is a wet blanket. I Married a Dead Man is the only Woolrich I've read. Too melodramatic for me.

miker

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: