Re: RARA-AVIS: The films based on Charles Williams

From: Karin Montin ( kmontin@sympatico.ca)
Date: 11 Sep 2006

When I saw Dead Calm I'd never heard of Charles Williams, Nicole Kidman or Billy Zane. I thought it was very good. It was arm-grippingly scary. It was also remarkable for the strong female protagonist who has to defend herself and does so very well. She never makes those stupid "don't open that door!" mistakes. I read the book afterwards and enjoyed it, too.

Karin

At 10:11 PM 10/09/2006 -0700, Chan wrote:

> I'm sure it's been discussed here before but "Dead Calm" is also an amazing Charles Williams adaptation. The movie is essentially a three character drama and Director Philip Noyce ratchets up the tension. A genuinely creepy thriller with excellent performances by a young Nicole Kidman and Billy Zane... yes Billy Zane can act... who knew?

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)