Re: RARA-AVIS: Lassie's social assumptions and other stuff

From: Allan Guthrie ( allan@allanguthrie.co.uk)
Date: 05 Sep 2006

You're missing my point, Juri. When a character tells a story is not the same as the author telling a story. Any apparent 'social assumptions' are those of the character. That much you can say. To make the claim that they are also those of the author may or may not be true but I don't see how a reader can tell simply from the text.

Al