Re: RE : Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: Name Your Poison

From: DJ-Anonyme@webtv.net
Date: 30 Aug 2006

miker wrote:

"I'd say that what is implicit about good and evil in noir is not one against the other (although I don't rule it out), but good intertwined with evil. Near as I can tell, that's pretty darned close to a constant in noir."

I'm with you here. Noir almost seems to be beyond good and evil, about people who have given up on or forgotten them in their single minded pursuit of something, usually one of the seven deadly sins: greed, lust, etc. Of course, in most cases they pay for ignoring those moral values, so maybe the moral order is renewed.

Mark