Re: RARA-AVIS: Pop 1280 vs. Coup de Torchon

From: Dave Zeltserman ( davezelt@comcast.net)
Date: 21 Aug 2006

Yeah, from Karin's list the only protagonist I'd consider unreliable is Carl Bigelow from Savage Night, and he's very subtly unreliable
(spoiler below). Dolly Dillon from Hell of a Woman is a highly unreliable character--tries to sell himself to the reader as a nice guy who just keeps having all this hardluck, especially with all the women he keeps getting involved with--and as the reader discoveres this isn't quite the real story.

SPOILER

The extent of Carl Bigelow's unreliability is subtle, but I found it jolting. The one thing he can hold onto as being proud of is the way he helped out this elderly couple, and when you later find out that he was in fact terrorizing this couple it was like a smack in the face.

--- In rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com, DJ-Anonyme@... wrote:

> I'm with Karin and miker. I don't think of either Pop. 1280 or
Killer