RARA-AVIS: My word usage

From: Juri Nummelin ( juri.nummelin@pp.inet.fi)
Date: 14 Aug 2006

I wrote:

> Buzzati, by the way, has an entry in at least one encyclopedia
> of
> horror fiction, so he *could* be labelled noir legitimically.

I don't know anymore the exact meaning of the last word. Maybe it's a totally new one?

Just finished Dave Zeltserman's FAST LANE last night. It's a terrific read, in the Jim Thompson vein. The violent scenes really do hurt and are very repulsive. My only complaint is that the Thompson factor is at times too much pointed at. The same effect could've been accomplished with fewer words. But congratulations nevertheless, Dave!

Juri http://pulpetti.blogspot.com