Re: RARA-AVIS: Vietnam and hardboiled

From: E.Borgers ( webeurop@yahoo.fr)
Date: 13 Aug 2006

DJ-Anonyme@webtv.net :
> I still haven't read him, but didn't Kent Anderson serve in Vietnam?
> Wasn't his Sympathy for the Devil a Vietnam novel?
> Mark

Absolutely. And "Sympathy for the Devil" is a real must read. It's partly a report of Anderson's experience in the special forces during the Vietnam war. Powerful and haunting novel, noir as hell. On the other hand Anderson is the writer of this great noir novel:."Night Dogs", wherein a Vietnam veteran tries to adapt to
"normal" life as a street cop in a big city.

I wonder if Anderson's still writing fiction?

E.Borgers POLAR NOIR http://www.geocities.com/polarnoir