Re: RARA-AVIS: Charles Williams

From: Jeff Vorzimmer ( jvorzimmer@austin.rr.com)
Date: 26 Jul 2006

> This is heresy, I know, but I think he was every bit the
> the equal of Jim Thompson. His sociopaths (who were sometimes his
protagonists)
> were just more socially skilled than Lou Ford.

I agree and I'm a big Jim Thompson fan. Williams was a real craftsman--a master of language and the dramatic moment. He crafted page-turners.

> Page for page he was a better
> writer than JDM, Peter Rabe and (many times) even Malcolm Braly, the
> Blessed Trinity of Gold Medal.

Again, I agree. JDM is a typist by comparison.

Jeff

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> Yahoo! Groups gets a make over. See the new email design. http://us.click.yahoo.com/WktRrD/lOaOAA/yQLSAA/kqIolB/TM