Re: RARA-AVIS: Sleuth Poll/"America's"

From: mmiano3 ( mark.miano@nbc.com)
Date: 21 Jul 2006

Stew, in response...

>While Spade and Rockford are damn
> good fits, it seems sad to me the list is mostly about detectives >in
TV and old film.

Actually, the list of 25 is only from TV and Film. It does not include literature. I don't believe Rockford is based on a character from fiction anyway, though I do agree with your selections of great characters from HB and Noir.

We attempted to cast a wide net in our definition of Sleuth, beyond just a PI. This is one reason we ended up with everyone from Sam Spade to FBI agents Mulder and Scully from "X-Files."

> But hey, I'm not American, so maybe I shouldn't get a vote on
> this.

Please don't be deceived by the title - all are welcome to vote.

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> Check out the new improvements in Yahoo! Groups email. http://us.click.yahoo.com/6pRQfA/fOaOAA/yQLSAA/kqIolB/TM