Re: RARA-AVIS: Sleuth Poll/"America's"

From: Joy Matkowski ( jmatkowski1@comcast.net)
Date: 20 Jul 2006

I figured it must mean "liked by Americans," Karin, because I assumed Hercule Poirot and Miss Marple would be on the list, but when I checked, they weren't there. Sherlock Holmes is on the list, though, so my theory still holds, unless Holmes is somehow partly American, like Winston Churchill. Joy, whose favorite sleuth right now is Kemal Kayankaya

Karin Montin asked:
> Does "America's" mean "American" or liked by Americans?
RE:

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> Check out the new improvements in Yahoo! Groups email. http://us.click.yahoo.com/6pRQfA/fOaOAA/yQLSAA/kqIolB/TM