Re: RARA-AVIS: Sean Doolittle's Rain Dogs

From: Brian Thornton ( tieresias@worldnet.att.net)
Date: 18 Jul 2006

I mentioned Doolittle's latest a few months back. What a terrific read. I haven't read "Dirt," but liked "Burn" a lot, too. I think Doolittle's got a long career ahead of him.

And anyone here who's met him will likely agree, he's a pretty nice guy, too.

All the Best-

Brian

Ed Linskey wrote:

  I've seen Sean's short fiction in PWG and spotted his title from
  UglyTown. There's been some discussion of his work recently on
  the list.

  This is the first novel of his I've read. Wow. An impressive,
  first-rate read. His characterization (including a romance) and
  setting (rural Nebraska) are dead on. The title concerns an
  ex-reporter from Chicago returning home to run his late
  grandfather's canoe/outdoor expedition camp. Our hero runs into
  local nasties including a vicious deputy sheriff. The pacing is
  smart and the dialogue is seamless. The narrative stays on
  course and doesn't drift. IMHO, one of the best books I've read
  this year.

  Ed Lynskey

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> Yahoo! Groups gets a make over. See the new email design. http://us.click.yahoo.com/XISQkA/lOaOAA/yQLSAA/kqIolB/TM