RARA-AVIS: HB PBs in Greece

From: Karin Montin ( kmontin@sympatico.ca)
Date: 18 Jul 2006

Earlier this week, I saw several dozen PBs from the '50s and '60s. Several Carter Brown titles (The White Bikini, Nymph to the Slaughter), Richard Stark, at least one Richard Prather and a few Mike Shaynes (Murder is My Business). They seemed to be mostly if not exclusively Signet. There was more than one copy of some.

They were stacked sidewise, titles hidden, behind the front row of fat contemporary best-sellers. I asked the shopkeeper where he'd gotten them from. He said "The company sent them" and he didn't know any more than that.

They were kind of faded, but in pretty good shape. A few had a felt pen mark across the bottom. Anyway, they were 3.50 euros, which seemed a little steep to me for books they were obviously not trying very hard to sell. If they're worth thousands each I'll be kicking myself for sure. Write me for details about the store (in Greece) if interested.

Karin

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> Something is new at Yahoo! Groups. Check out the enhanced email design. http://us.click.yahoo.com/SISQkA/gOaOAA/yQLSAA/kqIolB/TM